Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Calendar binding to AccessDataSource Options
Colin
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:39:09 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,
I have just purchased the web controls and I am trying to bind a Date Picker Calendar to an AccessDataSource, the Calendar is in a FormView and I have no problem binding the datasource to a normal textbox. The Access database is formatted as Date/Time, Short Date. I have tried both Bind("VHCDate") & Bind("VHCDate","{0:d}")

When I try to load in the browser I get the following error:
"Conversion from type Date to type Boolean is not valid"

Can somebody please tell me where I am going wrong, I have also tried formatting the database to text and number just in case but get different problems.

I am using VB if this helps.

Regards.
Colin
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:03:25 AM

Hi
I have sorted the bind issue, I didn't realise the other opti9ons in the bind method and had left it selected to enabled instead of date Selected.

However, I have another issue, as previously mentioned the control is in a FormView which is in an Ajax UpdatePanel, when I view in the browser, I can't select the image to allow the Calendar to show unless I add another Calendar control just in the Content Holder which I have to set to Visible = False, then I can click on the image without any problems.

Regards
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:05:22 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The DatePicker is a DatePicker, it's neither a DateTime, nor a string, or any other simple type. So you can not assign any of these simple values to it directly. To assign value to the DatePicker, you should use either SelectedDate or SelectedDateAsString property.

Thanks
Colin
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:05:44 AM

Actually to correct that, I have to set Visible = True or I can't click on the image.

Regards.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:07:50 AM
Groups: Administration