Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Progress Bar Options
Menon
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:58:55 AM
Groups: Member

Hi There,

I am using the Progress Bar because i have GridView in my aspx page in which i am doing Edit,Update,Delete and AddNew functions.
Now the GridView is withing UpdatePanel, hence when i click the Edit or Update or Delete button it take bit time to open EditTemplate and this time is bit long and since its with UpdatePanel one cannot make out whether its opening or not. I decided to use ProgressBar for that.

But i dont see it working exactly the way i want it. I want it to Start Exactly with i click the Edit Button or any button within the GridView. I tried ClientSide (setvalue method). But again it just sets value but doesnt run the bar.

The bar runs but at the last moment when the EditTemplate is going to open. Not from the moment i click the Edit button.

Am i doing something wrong here?
Should i use it Server side? And if yes how. I saw the code in online documentation and also i downloaded the EO.Web.Controls Solution.(which has all the code and pages)

I copied the method of Progressbar1__ItemClick(ob....). But how can i call it.
Can i call it on my GridView_Edit(...) method or other method??

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.
Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks
Cheers

Menon
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:23:38 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Menon,

ProgressBar is not for that. The ProgressBar is always driven by your code. It never moves by itself. So it won't help if your code doesn't even get a chance to run.

Thanks