Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

TabStrip - No Tab Selected? Options
Ryan Idrap
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:55:34 PM
Groups: Member

How do I set the tabstrip so that no tabs are selected? I have the SelectedIndex property on the control property sheet set to -1, and on the page in question I'm explicitly setting the SelectedIndex property to -1, but it always has the first tab selected.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 1:04:21 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Unfortunately you can not do that. Just as you have noticed, the tab strip always has one tab selected. You can "cheat" by using the same SelectedStyle and NormalStyle, this way even though one tab is selected, it does not appear visually different than other tabs. But then as soon as user really selects a tab, you will need to switch to a different SelectedStyle because user needs the visual feedback. It's doable but a bit complicated, so I am not sure whether it will be worth the effort.

Thanks
Ryan Idrap
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:24:32 PM
Groups: Member

Ok, thanks, good to know. At least I can stop chasing my tail trying to get something to work that won't! What I did was create an "empty" tab (no text) at the end with an individually defined style that has transparent backgrounds. Whenever I need to have no tabs selected I just set the index to that tab. That was simple to implement and seems to work just fine for my purposes.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:26:58 PM
Groups: Administration

Using a transparent tab is a very clear idea!