Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Timer inside a CallBack not working... Options
ddurango
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:47:51 AM
Groups: Member

I have a tabStrip with 3 tabs, on each tab I use a callBack for their individual processes and on the last tab I have a Grid that I want to keep updated every 10 seconds. I added an (Ajax) Timer on this tab to be able to keep the grid update. (I laso added the ScriptManager) I tried to attach the Trigger of the 3rd Callback to the Timer.Tick but the whole pages is being Postback. What I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:19:35 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We are not sure what caused that. We will look into it and see what we can find. In the mean time, you may want to try using ASP.NET UpdatePanel and see if it works.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:38:21 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We verified with the latest build and it seems to work fine. Timer.Tick is correctly fired, and only the contents inside the CallbackPanel, instead of the whole page is updated. So I would recommend you to try creating a simple page with just the CallbackPanel and Timer and see if it works. If that works, you can then try to gradually adding other part back. If the problem persists, we would need you to create a small sample project that can demonstrates the problem. Once we have that, we will be happy to look into it and see what we can find.

Thanks