Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.Web.Dialog Options
Michael Smit
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:45:24 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I am trying to use an EO.Web.Dialog in a web page programatically to display various messages to the end user.

1. How do I make the dialog visible after a postback to the server?
2. I have a label "MessageLabel" in the Content Template of the Dialog. I am setting this Label to the message I want to show to the user, but the message is not set when the dialog shows (have initial state set to visible until I can display programatically).

Basically, I have the ContentPlaceHolder wrapped in a CallBackPanel in the masterpage so all pages are AJAX enabled.
Then on the master page, I have 2 dialogs. One styled for feedback and the other for errors. I would like content pages to be able to show these dialogs with the message of their choice.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 10:20:20 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You would set the dialog's InitialState to Visible in order to display the dialog after a postback.

I can not think of any reasons why the Label is not set when the dialog shows. As long as they are set, they will be displayed. There is no reason for the CallbackPanel or the Dialog to "forget" one control but renders anything else fine.

Thanks
Michael Smit
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2008 3:41:44 AM
Groups: Member

The dialog is inside a CallBackPanel. I found that I had to show the Dialog using the eo_getObject JS function. Setting initialstate did nothing when set.
Once the dialog was put inside the CallBackPanel (it was outside it before), the label could be set with no problems.