Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Tabstrip/Pageview refresh issue Options
Adele le Roux
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:14:36 AM
Groups: Member

Good day all. I am new to web development and have a couple of issues. We bought the full suite of EO components and it is working great.

My question is that I load a page with data based on a selection a user makes from a treeview. Now when I load this page I create various tabs/pages dynamically based on data in the database. Each of these tabs has a GridView on it and I set databinding etc. on it so the entire page is created at loading time.

The problem comes in when you click a tab. For about a second it shows the data that is supposed to be on the tab and then the entire page reloads which takes about 10 seconds. How can I stop the entire page from loading? The data is there already, how stop a reload of a page?

I really hope this makes sense :)

I have to add that I don't know anything about Javascript or Ajax or anything else. I'm just a desktop .net developer that was forced into writing this frustrating web project :D
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:16:56 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Something else could be triggering the postback in your page. Do you have the page online so that we can take a look?

Thanks