Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Uploader - delete event Options
Paul Creedy
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 7:49:30 AM
Groups: Member

Is there, or can I suggest a delete files event for the uploader?

Scenario:

User uploads an image with autopostback=true
The file is processed and displayed on the SAME page
The user selects the delete file option and Deletes them

I now need to capture the file names of the images deleted either before or after they get deleted, so that I can carry out a custom action.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 9:06:19 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the suggestion. The uploader is designed such that the uploader keeps the unsubmitted file list and your code keeps the submitted file list. So once the file is submitted (the page is posted back), the uploader hands over the file list to you, from that moment on, you have full controls over those file and the uploader no longer has anything to do with those files.

Because of this distinction, the uploader can not delete a submitted file --- say if you moved the file when you process it, the uploader won't even know where to find the file to delete.

Since the default uploader UI displays the "uploaded file list", it's often been confused as the "fully submitted file list" without realizing it's actually the "unsubmitted file list". We will try to add more sample codes and help materials to clarify that.

Thanks
Paul Creedy
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 1:03:48 PM
Groups: Member

Hi

When a file is uploaded and posted back, it gives the option of deleting the original files in the temp folder even after post back. Selecting the option seems to delete the files in the temp folder.

What I'd like to do is capture a delete event so that I can grab the file names of the files that are going to be deleted from the temp folder; their original names not the temp file names.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 2:14:52 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately no. As we have explained in another thread to you, the temp files are not exposed to user. So you can neither touch nor rely on the temp files. The purpose of the temp list is for user to "undo" some files that have uploaded, similar to using backspace key to delete an entered character in a textbox.

Thanks