Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Multiple Uploads Options
Michael
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:44:47 PM
Groups: Member

Hello!
I'm using the AJAX Uploader and trying to upload 3 files at once. I have two quick questions about it:

1. Is there a way to label each of the rows that have the field that selects the file to be uploaded? I'm trying to upload three files and I want the user to upload "Preview File" in the first row "Real File" in the second, etc...

2. Is there a way to have it upload two files successfully, if the user doesn't use all the folders. Sometimes, the user will only want to upload two files at once, not all three. I try it, and I get an error.

Thanks for the help!
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 3:37:17 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The easiest way would be just using three separate uploaders. That way you can arrange/label each of them independently.

Even with one uploader's Rows set to 3, you should be able to only upload 2 without getting any error. Can you provide detailed information about the error?

Thanks
Michael
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:41:55 AM

"The easiest way would be just using three separate uploaders. That way you can arrange/label each of them independently."

I tried doing three seperate uploaders on the same page. However, I get "An AJAX Uploading session is currently in progress" when I try to upload more than one at a time.
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:49:47 AM

Ah...That is true. Sorry we have overlooked that. It appears the only way is to set the uploader's Rows property. That one should allow you to upload multiple files at the same.

The uploader itself does not display labels for the file input element. We will think about adding that. In the mean time, you could use some absolute/relative positioning and some static HTML to do the trick, but there could be some misalignment between different browsers. Hopefully we can add the labels soon.
Michael
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 11:22:16 AM

Well, thanks for the reply anyways!

I made a work around using javascript to shut down two of the Uploaders while the first is in use. When it's done, the other two come on line.

Still, excellent product!
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 11:26:27 AM

Awesome. Very neat solution!