Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

License.... Options
NuPath
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 2:39:22 PM
Groups: Member

My web site has been working fine I then made some changes in the web.config now I can no longer build the application because I get errors referencing the eo_web.licx file. The errors are "Unable to resolve type " then includes a line in the eo_web.licx file. I recovered the original web.config file but I still get the errors. Thanks for any help and sorry if this is an obvious issue.
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 2:44:35 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

eo_web.licx is not a file that you feed to Visual Studio or whoever to build. It's purely a "file" that nobody else should even care about. So you will want to find out why your build environment would even look at that file. You can try to build without the file (delete it) first, once everything builds and deploy fine, you can then put it back.

Thanks
NuPath
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 2:56:06 PM

Thanks for your quick reply.

First, I thought you needed to add this file to the bin folder or root of the application? Is this correct? Am I thinking of a different file?

Second, I deleted the file and attempted to build but then get the following error:

Could not find file eo_web.licx

Again, thanks for any help.
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 3:14:31 PM
Groups: Administration

NuPath wrote:
First, I thought you needed to add this file to the bin folder or root of the application? Is this correct? Am I thinking of a different file?

Adding it to bin folder or root folder does not make it a part of your build. Just like if you put an image file on the root of your application, the build process should not care about the image. Adding or deleting or changing the image file should not break your build. That's the same for our license file. It's a file that the build should NOT care.

NuPath wrote:
Second, I deleted the file and attempted to build but then get the following error:

Could not find file eo_web.licx

That is exactly the problem. Something in your build/project is wrong and makes it thinks the file is part of it. It is not. Most likely you included the file in your project. So try to remove that from your project first. If that does not solve the problem, then you may want to find somebody around you to help you troubleshooting the problem as generic ASP.NET build problems are quite out of the context of our support.

Thanks
NuPath
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 3:18:08 PM

Excluding the file from the project worked.

Thanks for your help.