Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Exiting a web application from a callback panel using callbackpanel.redirect Options
Mike Bourne
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:14:44 PM
Groups: Member

I am having a problem in that I have an "Exit" button in a EO:Callback Panel that when clicked, first asks the user if they are sure they want to exit the application. I don't want the callbackpanel_execute event to be processed, rather I want the commands in the "Cancel" button event to be executed, which it does. In the ""cancel Button event, I try and execute the callbackpanel.redirect("default.aspx") redirect command.

When I do this, it does NOT exit the page, it simply redisplays the page.

What can I do to accomplish my task?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:23:48 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The issue should be irrelevant to Callback_Execute event. This event is always fired as soon as you go back to the server. It doesn't matter it's an Exit, or Cancel or Submit button. CallbackPanel doesn't know and doesn't care about what these buttons are intended for rather than that the fact that they trigger the callback.

We are not aware of any problem with CallbackPanel.Redirect. So if you suspect a problem with that, try to:

1. Create a simple test page with a CallbackPanel and a Button;
2. Set that button as the CallbackPanel's Trigger;
3. Inside that button's Click event handler, call Redirect and redirect to another page;

That should work without problem. You can then compare this with your existing code and it should not be difficult to find out what breaks it.

Thanks
Mike Bourne
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:29:35 PM
Groups: Member

Ok, great, figured it out and you won't believe what it was. Apparently, btnXYZ.UseSubmitBehavior=false in order for the button to function properly.

Thanks for the suggestions.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:36:09 PM
Groups: Administration

Ah...Thanks for sharing!