Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

CallbackPanel trigger Options
Robert
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2007 8:43:44 AM
Groups: Member

Hello!

I'm new to CallbackPanel...
Can anyone help me with this question:
In the CallbackPanel I have inserted the Menu control and with the Menu ItemClick event I want to update an other control (in other WebuserControl) outside the CallBackPanel, how do I do that?

I have tried lot of things to this but I can't find the solution for this.

Best Regards,
Robert
Robert
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2007 9:10:37 AM
Groups: Member

I found the solution for my problem.

I just inserted an new CallbackPanel and used the same GroupName in the both panels, that did the trick! I then searched for the control (by it's control ID and type of control) to update in the page from the first CallbackPanel Execute handler and it worked!

Your products are great to work with!
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2007 9:18:34 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi, Robert

Thanks for posting your question here.
I guess the purpose you use Callback Panel is partial page update, you want to update the menu contorl and the WebUserControl partially, right?
The basic rule here is, whatever you want to update partially, you need to put it in a Callback Panel. So, for your instance, you need to put the WebUserControl into another Callback Panel, say Callback Panel2. And set the Menu control as a Trigger of Callback Panel2. So that when you click menu, it will triger Callback Panel2 to update, which will update your WebUserControl. Also, remember, in order to handle our Menu control's ItemClick server event, you neet set RaisesServerEvent to true.

Let me know if it works.
Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2007 9:20:27 AM
Groups: Administration

Robert wrote:
I found the solution for my problem.

I just inserted an new CallbackPanel and used the same GroupName in the both panels, that did the trick! I then searched for the control (by it's control ID and type of control) to update in the page from the first CallbackPanel Execute handler and it worked!

Your products are great to work with!

Humm, you already got it :)
Good job.
Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks.