Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

maskededit needs cleanstring property Options
DeanBlakely
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:27:17 PM
Groups: Member

it's such a pain to have to clean the dashes out of the text property in, for instance, a Soc Sec number. If you had a "cleanstring" property that had just the data it would be soooo nice.
Regards,
Gary
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:57:26 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Gary,

It is unlikely that this will be implemented. The reason is while you obviously know which character should stay and which character should be cleaned out, the MaskedEdit does not. It faithfully forces the user to enter according to the mask but it does not know, and does not care which character is for what. We could add some support to allow you to define rules for which character should be removed, but defining such rule itself is still a work to be done by you ---- and you might find out that writting code to do whatever you want is not only easier, but much more flexible.

Thanks
DeanBlakely
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 8:25:57 AM
Groups: Member

If I put dashes in my mask I would not expect the control to differentiate. But I could expect the control to differentiate literals from mask segments. That way my Soc Sec field could be entered with four '0000' interleaved with four '-' literals and my cleanstring property would always have the raw number.

Anyway, I don't want to belabor the issue. It was just an idea. no need to respond any further.
Thanks,
Gary