Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Tab control without Multipage control Options
astorm
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:53:51 PM
Groups: Member

I recently purchased your TabStrip control and it seems like from your examples that I also need the Multipage control. Is it possible to use the TabStrip without the Multipage? If so, could you show me an example?

Thank you
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:05:46 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

MultiPage offers the ability to actually switch "panels" on the client side without going back to the server. So without MultiPage you will lose the ability to do that. You can still however switch the view on the server side, here are the steps:

1. Set the TabStrip's RaisesServerEvent to true;
2. Handle the TabStrip's ItemClick event. Inside that event handler you can switch the views. For example, you can use multiple asp:Panel control and then set one of them's Visible to true at any given time, depending on the tab selected;

If you are familiar with JavaScript, you can also handle the TabStrip's ClientSideOnItemClick event to show/hide the panels on the client side. That way you essentially write your own MultiPage control. :)

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks
astorm
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 5:24:04 AM
Groups: Member

Thank you for the information. I have very complex user controls which take too long to load if I load all 5 or 6 tabs at once to send to the client so the moving back to the server for them will be required in any case.