Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJax Uploader without Callback on form Options
brad
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:28:08 AM
Groups: Member

I have licensed the AJAXUpload component. I can use it successfully as long as I have a CallBack control also on the form. As soon as I remove the callback I get the usual message that I need another EO.Web control on the form outside the update panel. I tried placing the free progress bar in a hidden div but when I do all kinds of weird things happen. I don't get the java script error but the browse button on the upload control does not show unless I refresh the page. Also the FileUploaded Event NEVER gets fired this way. If I throw the Callback component back onto the form everything works fine except I get a licensing message stating the callback is not licensed.

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:46:05 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Please see this post for more detail about this issue:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1466

It is our opinion that this is not a hack, but rather a requirement to use our controls. This is very much similar to when you use ASP.NET AJAX, you are always required to place a ScriptManager in the page. In our case, we do not have a separate ScriptManager control, instead every control can serve the role of ScriptManager. The message/document recommends CallbackPanel because by default it does not render anything visually that would not affect your page layout, but in fact you can use any control.

Hope this makes sense. Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
brad
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:57:16 AM

I did exactly this with the Progress bar. The javascript error message goes away but the FileUploadedEvent is NEVER fired! Also the browse button only shows after I load and then refresh the page.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:27:00 AM

Hi,

We are not sure what can cause that. You can try to create a simple test page and with an UpdatePanel, a ProgressBar outside it and an uploader inside it and then see if it works. Refreshing once is normal but need to refreshing every time is not. If the test page works, then the problem might lie in your code somewhere, you can try to comparing the working page and non-working page to see what you can find. Please let us know if the problem persists, we will take a look and see what we can find.

Thanks
brad
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:31:58 AM

I have worked on this issue at length. At the top of a content page I have the hidden div tag containing the progress bar. This scenario does not work. If I replace the Progress bar with a CallBack everything works fine. Can you just supply me a license for the callback?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:02:55 PM

Hi,

Yes. We can do that. Each license key is associated with an order, so we need to have you placing an order first. We can then issue a full refund for the order. This way you will have a license key for the Callback without any actual cost.

If you are not comfortable with paying upfront, we can create a coupon code for you to bring down the total amount during checkout. I believe the system allows a total as less as one cent. So please let us know if you prefer that option.

We will look into the ProgressBar and Uploader issue, A better solution might be creating a separate ScriptManager control just like ASP.NET AJAX. Sorry about the hassle!

Thanks
brad
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:09:03 PM

If you could send me a coupon that would be great. That way I don't have to get my boss to give me his credit card again. Thank you.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:14:47 PM

Hi,

I've sent a private message to you with the coupon code. You can click "inbox" on the top of the forum to view the message.

Thanks!
brad
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:31:08 PM

Thank you. Ordering the CallBack component now. Will the license file have the same name? Do you need to combine my AJAXUploader license with the callback license or can i just put the 2 LICX files in the BIN folder?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:35:56 PM

Hi,

You will need to rename the file and then put them both inside the bin folder. You can name one as eo_web1.licx and other as eo_web2.licx. I believe the controls picks up anything that matches "eo*.licx".

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 3, 2008 10:00:23 PM

Hi,

We have released EO.Web Controls 2008 that introduced a separate ScriptManager control. This control itself does not require a license and servers a purpose similar to ASP.NET AJAX's ScriptManager. ScriptManager is only necessary for certain scenarios like yours as other controls still can function as ScriptManager.

Thanks