Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

not known element? Options
AOG IT
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2007 10:29:34 AM
Groups: Member

I'm using the 3.1 version, which works fine in one application I'm developing, but when I moved to a separate development application, the same elements are now coming up as an error saying "Not known element"

I've tried what I've found on your website as far as adding to the GAC, and refreshing the dll reference...but no go. Any ideas?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2007 9:06:56 PM
Groups: Administration

Humm, that is strange. Both applications are on your local machine? You can not reference it from a shared network location.
Also, can you post out the deail error message?

Thanks.
AOG IT
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 6:34:46 AM

It gets the red underline with the error message:

"Element 'Tabstrip' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site."

I also just tried to uninstall/reinstall. Now, it will run in debug, but I still get the red underline with the "element not known" message.

I suppose it's ok since I can run it, but why is it giving me the design-time error?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 8:40:44 AM

Hi,

Usually it does that when either our controls or your project is sitting on a network drive, in which case Visual Studio can not load the controls due to permission issues. Can you try to create a blank new project and see if it gives you the same error message?

Thanks
AOG IT
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 9:00:48 AM

I did, and it does. But the menu displays during design time and during run time. It's just in the markup view, it has the tags with the error underline.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 9:06:58 AM

Thanks for the update. If the menu displays at design time then the controls are properly loaded. Since it runs fine at both design time and runtime, then it's probablly OK to ignore the message for now. We will continue to look into it and see if we can reproduce the situation at here and find a way to get rid of these annoying messages.
AOG IT
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 12:33:34 PM

Thank you. :)