Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Splitter Options
Rabih
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:40:42 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,
I am new to EO 2008 version, and i am willing to purchase it, but i really want to know how far i can go before i take my decision... :)
for instance, i have a splitter with 2 panels, the left one has a slide menu which should update the content of the right one, it is like a cross form case. how can i do that in EO.splitter?

thanks and regards
Rabih
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:03:03 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Rabih,

There are two separate issues involved in your question:

1. Automatically resize the left and right pane when the splitter resizes. An example that demonstrates this can be found here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Splitter\features\resize_contents

2. When user click an item in the left slide menu, update contents in the right pane. Our whole sample project demonstrated how to do this --- when you click a a node in the left TreeView, it load a sample on the right side. The only difference is our sample loads the sample into a PageView control, where you would load whatever into a SplitterPane control. Both are container controls so there is no difference for the code;

Our sample uses dynamic loading, which itself is a rather complicate topic. If you are not familiar with that, you may avoid it. Dynamic loading is a generic ASP.NET programming topic and we will not be able to support that.

When you put them both together, you get what would like to implement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks