Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Editor inside a Dialog Options
Chris
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:25:42 AM
Groups: Member

In design mode, I tried placing a Editor inside a Dialog (which is wrapped around a Callback Panel), but the designer won't allow it. So, I did it manually.

When I run the page, the page will crash on me. I assume there is some restriction with this layout, but I haven't found any documentation on the subject.

So, can a Editor control be placed inside a Dialog control, which is wrapped around a Callback Panel? If not, is it something we will be allowed to do in the future?

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:15:46 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Chris,

The designer should allow you to put an Editor inside a Dialog's ContentTemplate. Can you elaborate what happens when you tried to do that?

Unfortunately the editor does crash inside a dialog. We are looking into the issue and trying to find a workaround, since this is obviously an IE problem (IE crashes), at this moment we are not sure whether we will be able to workaround it or not. However it is our intention to allow you to place the editor anywhere.

Thanks
Chris
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:27:39 AM
Groups: Member

Going back into design mode, I was able to add the Editor in the Dialog's ContentTemplate.

I will be looking forward for an update to address the ability to add an Editor inside a dialog for IE browser.

Thanks for your quick response.