Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Refresh of treelist content in an ASP.NET application Options
Webideal
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:38:32 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,
I am using an EO treelView (vers. 2008) in an ASP.NET application (using the VB.NET 2005 language); I have 2 versions of this application
1st version: I assign a XMLDataSource to the EO TreeView.DataSourceID property. The datafile of that XMLDataSource is an XML file located at the root of my application. While running, when I right-click one of the node of the treeview, an EO context menu allows me to add, modify or delete a node to (or from) the treeview. The changes are applied directly to the XML (source) file, but, even when I postback, the changes do not reflect in the data displayed by the treeview (I need to close the application and start it back to actually see all my changes applied). What should I do to see my changes appear on postbacks?
2nd version: I assign the EO TreeView.XmlFile property of the treeview directly to the XML (source) file but, still, the problem stays the same; The postbacks do not allow me to view my node changes until I restart the application. Is there a way to have the treeView refreshed (at least after a following postback)?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:47:47 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You would call TreeView.DataBind again to refresh the TreeView. Otherwise it keeps what it previous had.

Thanks