Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Error when removing Session variable in CallbackPanel Options
Robert
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 12:52:28 PM
Groups: Member

Hello again,

When I'm trying to remove a session variable within my CallbackPanel I get an error when trying to click a button in the page.

The error is "The callback on 'mycontrolName' has failed because the server did not recognize this callback and processed it as an normal request..."

Everything works fine if I'm not trying to remove the session variable. How can I remove session variables without getting this type of error in the page?

Regards,
Robert

eo_support
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 1:05:01 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Robert,

This is not a simple error. :) However It shouldn't have anything to do with the session variable --- our CallbackPanel does not deal with session variable in any way. Usually it occurs when you dynamically create a CallbackPanel but did not create the CallbackPanel control every time.

I would try to create a blank page and try to get the CallbackPanel working there first and then compare the code. Usually you will find out the cause pretty quick that way.

Thanks
Robert
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:41:59 AM

The only way I can get this to work is to have all my WebUserControls and CallbackPanels inserted in an aspx-file, if the controls are used from an MasterPage I'll get the error messages as described above. This is not so good for my website because I have many aspx-pages that I would want to the main style inherit from one MasterPage, now I have to rebuild the style, controls for every page.
Robert
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 7:22:37 AM

Well... learning by doing ;-)
My problem was still there... I checked your Live Demo Source Code line by line and by comparing your code with mine I found things I did wrong in my app. I'm Newbie on these CallbackPanels but Now I think I have everything under control here!

Thanks again for great products, your support and the excellent documentation,
Greetings from Finland!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:48:03 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Robert,

Very happy to hear that. Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks