Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

licensing issue Options
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:12:08 AM
Groups: Member

We recently purchased the EO.Web Controls Suite 2007.1 for ASP.NET. We tested the application using the free version of this software, and decided it was a great tool for us.

However, since purchasing the software, and receiving the license, and placing the license in the bin directory of the application we are creating, I have NOT been able to get the software to register.

I am new to Visual Studio .Net and programming, but would like to get this up and running. I have an application that we are planning to put into production with in the next week.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:32:05 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Liz,

Thanks for posting your question here. We've posted an FAQ entry that answers your question.

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=468&#468

Please feel free to reply if that still does not resolve the problem.

Thanks
Liz
Posted: Thursday, July 5, 2007 7:37:33 AM

Hello,
We are still experiencing issues with the installation of the controls recently purchased. Below is a synopsis of the errors we are getting. I know you said the errors were not related to your controls, but as soon as we remove them from the project, the errors go away. See below:

Also, tell them, if I remove the DatePicker Component from the solution it compiles. This tells me that it is something in the component or the deployment. This is still their issue. I have removed so I can work on the system. The date field is now a text box.

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:58 PM
To: Fred.Simons
Subject: RE:

I have sent to tech support….awaiting an answer

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:42 PM
To: Liz.Pumilia
Subject:

Warning 1 Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'eo.web.dll'. Can not find assembly 'C:\Documents and Settings\pumilial\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Controls\EO.Web\EO.Web.dll'. \\Cofs4\appdev-share\SOURCE\DotNet\UserSupportRequests\Bin\eo.web.dll.refresh \\Cofs4\appdev-share\...\UserSupportRequests\

Error 2 Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. \\Cofs4\appdev-share\SOURCE\DotNet\UserSupportRequests\UserRequest.aspx 105

Error 3 Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. \\Cofs4\appdev-share\SOURCE\DotNet\UserSupportRequests\ITRequestSummary_WF.aspx 164

Error 4 Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. \\Cofs4\appdev-share\SOURCE\DotNet\UserSupportRequests\UserRequestStatus.aspx 85
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 5, 2007 10:39:26 PM

hi, Liz

what is this path? \\Cofs4\appdev-share\? Is a network shared path?
Mostly, you can not install our controls on one machine, and map it on your local machine, then to use it in your local project. All installation has to be on your local machine.

Thanks.
Liz
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 2:14:09 PM

the path \\cofs4\appdev-share\... is a network shared path. But, what we are doing is not as you suggest. Our project actually resides on the network share and each developer then runs a local copy of VS2005 with your DataPicker control installed locally. Is there any way for more than one person to be able to add the control to a project and then be able to compile it? What happens when a developer leaves and is replaced by another developer? In our company, we do not use the same "machine setup". We basically wipe it clean and reinstall all applications. How do we address the issue that more than one person may need to compile the application?

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2007 3:47:58 PM

Hi Liz,

I am not sure about the "Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed." error. However the first error can be removed by deleting EO.Web.dll.refresh file in your bin folder.

You also want to add the controls into GAC since you are using a network share path:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=InstallationAndDeployment%2ffor_vs2005.html

Thanks
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:05:37 AM

Hello, after following the above directions, I now get the following error when trying to compile the application. Can you please tell me what I am missing?

Error 37 Could not load file or assembly 'EO.Web, Version=2007.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e92353a6bf73fffc' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) W:\SOURCE\DotNet\UserSupportRequests\web.config 26
Thanks,
Liz
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:38:42 AM

Hi Liz,

The version of the DLL that your project refers is different than the version that you installs. Please remove the reference and add it again.

Thanks
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:14:33 PM

Hi,
Can you tell me where I get the version number? Is it the version number when I right-click on the file?

Thanks,
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:36:24 PM

Yes. Right click the DLL and then select Properties -> Version.
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:41:21 AM

Thank you for all your help, it is working like a charm.