Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO Web Grid: Hiding a column Options
Dmitry
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:07:03 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

Is there any way to make a column in the EO grid invisible like in the built-in GridView?
I have an Index field in my database - every record has a unique index. I use this index to identify the records to update (it is passed to a stored procedure in SQL). When I used the GridView object, I had the Index column in the grid and used it to get the index of each record so it could be updated in the database, but the column was hidden. Is there a way to do this with the EO grid?

The only other way I can think of to do this is to create a DataTable, use it to get the index, and store the index in the GridItem Key property. Is this the best way to do what I need?

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:18:53 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Using GridItem.Key is the best way to do it. Purely from the data point of view, GridItem.Key works almost exactly like a column (Column takes a DataField, where GridItem.Key takes KeyField on the Grid), so there should be little to no effort to covert the column to using GridItem.Key. Please let us know if you need any help on that. Unfortunately we currently do not support hidden column as far as I know.

Thanks