Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Dialog Control contentTable Rendered Output - Second Edition Options
Jan
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 2:05:35 AM
Groups: Member

Hello!

I want to ask about this post:
http://essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=300

We're having this problem with FF and this is a big issue for us making us considering if we should use EO products or to move somewhere else.

Please, let me know about current state of this bug.

Regards,
Jan
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 8:47:22 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This particular problem has been fixed a long time ago. If you are seeing layout problem, please create a test page demonstrating the problem and we will be happy to take a look. Make sure the page runs independently.

Thanks
Jan
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:26:16 AM

Hello!

Here is the sample of this behaviour:

http://intranet.webtica.com/test/

and ajax popup is called by the method:
eo_GetObject('Dialog1').show(true)

As you can see, we are trying to show Ajax popup window but this windows is not in center of the browser windows (simulating modal dialog window). It seems that poup is calculated based on the whole windows, not just the current view size and then it makes it in our application unusable when having longer HTML pages and trying to show to users ajax popups (then those popups are somewhere out of view region or in the bottom part of current page view in browser).
Jan
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:30:04 AM

We want to achieve the same behavior as it's provided by Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax:

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/ModalPopup/ModalPopup.aspx
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:36:14 AM

I tried your link by:

1. Scroll down to the bottom;
2. Click the link which displays the dialog;

The dialog does pop up in the center of the screen. Is this different than what you are seeing?

Thanks
Jan
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 1:05:51 AM

And what kind of browser are you using? It's not working well in FF 2.x or FF 3.x at all (Windows Vista).
Jan
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 2:05:41 AM

If you would have any support email I would send you a screenshot showing you what's wrong. Anyway look at the shadow box, this is not moving too. There are many bugs in FF rendering of this Ajax component.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 6:38:12 AM

Hi Jan,

Screenshot can't really help much. We tried your test page and it works fine and we have not heard any similar complains from any other users. So it could have something to do with your machine. You can try to view it from another machine and see if it works.

If the problem continues, we can set up an online meeting to dial into your machine to take a look. We need to see the problem first hand in order to find out what's wrong with this. Please let us know if you would like us to do that.

Our dialog works with ASP.NET AJAX, but the component itself has nothing to do with AJAX. So I am not sure why you keep calling our component as "AJAX popup", "AJAX component" --- just want to make sure that you are not mixing up our product with somebody else dialog.

Thanks