Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Calendar control Options
Oliver
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:36:40 AM
Groups: Member

We are evaluating you controls, and so far they look awsome. We have one requirement, and that is support for PowerWEB LiveControls from Dart.

We are using their LiveDataGrid control and when i place a EO DatePicker in my EditItemTemplate, and set the Grid in Edit mode, the datepicker does not appear. I have a feeling that this is because the DataGrid is rendered via javascript and that it does not have any knowledge og the DatePicker Control.

Can you confirm that the calendar control does not work with the LiveDataGrid control, or do i have to do something to make it work.

Thanks,
(Oliver
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:12:31 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Oliver,

What you suspected is mostly likely the case. If the whole LiveDataGrid is rendered via javascript instead of DHTML, then unless it has knowledge on the DatePicker control, it will not work.

We will look into it and see if we can find any workaround for it.

Thanks
Oliver
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:00:10 AM

Hi,

Thank you for looking into this. I think i was wrong about the javascript rendering, as it might be rendered as DHTML. I would really love to have you calendar control work with the LiveDataGrid.

Thanks...
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:33:13 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Oliver,

We looked into issue and it seems that LiveDataGrid is only a thin wrap around the standard ASP.NET DataGrid control. If you are not relying on any other special features other than the "live" part, you can use the standard DataGrid and our CallbackPanel to achieve the same result. Our Calendar does work with this configuration since our own CallbackPanel knows our own Calendar very well. :)

To use the CallbackPanel with DataGrid, you simply
1. Drop a CallbackPanel into the form;
2. Place a DataGrid inside the CallbackPanel;
3. Set the DataGrid as a trigger of the CallbackPanel;

You can then handle all the server side event as if you were doing a full page refresh, while the CallbackPanel actually captures all the postbacks and converts them into callbacks for you.

You can find two samples at here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Callback\_i0\_i1
http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Callback\_i0\_i2

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Oliver
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 1:10:43 AM

Hi

Thank you for the awsome support and feedback. I will look into that, as we are not relying on any other features then it being 'live'.

Thanks,
Martin