Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAXUploader - Filesize Options
Daniel Lang
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:28:04 AM
Groups: Member

Dear All,

I'm currently evaluating AJAXUploader and faced a problem with the PostedFileLabelFormat... I couldn't figure out, how to alter the default file-size from "byte" to "megabytes" or "kilobytes". If I couldn't do that directly I would like to a least bypass the problem by catching the file-size and displaying it, in a custom control.

Any ideas?

With best regards,
Daniel Lang
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:53:13 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You can do that by handling the uploader's ClientSideOnProgress event. This post detailed how:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1991

Since it uses custom code to update a DIV element in your page to display the progress text, you may also want to customize the uploader's LayoutTemplate to remove the default progress text label.

Please let us know if that solves the problem for you and let us know if you need any more help.

Thanks
Daniel Lang
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:01:19 AM

Thank you for the fast solution!
However, it doesn't eliminate my problem: I don't want to alter the progress text, but the text showed in the automatically generated list, that shows the already uploaded files.

I've found the property PostedFileLabelFormat, which allows me to hide the file-size completely, but i want to show it in megabytes.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:15:13 AM

I see. Please see if this sample helps:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=AJAXUploader\uploader_filelist

This sample uses a separate DataGrid to display the uploaded file list. Since the DataGrid can be customized whatever way you would like, you should be able to display it in any form you want. The difference is DataGrid is not part of the uploader and it is connected to the uploader through an AJAXPostedFileList control, which helps you maintain a list of uploaded files.

We will look into it to see if we can add variables like {posted_file_size_mb} and {posted_file_size_kb}. That should make it a lot easier. We have a scheduled update this weekend and we might be able to make this into that build.

Thanks

Daniel Lang
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:26:26 AM

Thank you again.
I have already thought about using AJAXPostedFileList to construct the appropriate list, but according to the online-documentation this class can only be connected to the final file list, and not to the temporary files.

To add such variables like "posted_file_size_kb" and "posted_file_size_mb" would be the best solution, of course.

Please tell me, if I can anticipate this feature in your next release and I will send a purchase requisition to our purchasing-department.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:32:37 AM

Daniel Lang wrote:
Please tell me, if I can anticipate this feature in your next release and I will send a purchase requisition to our purchasing-department.

I believe you can. It's a very small change on our side so I do not expect to hit any problem with it. We will try to get you an update build as soon as possible so that you can confirm that.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 12:05:11 PM

Hi,

We have implemented this. The new build will be posted during the weekend. So you should have this next week.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 4:48:28 PM

Hi,

We have posted an update that includes this feature. Please download it from our download page. The new build includes two new variables: posted_file_size_mb and posted_file_size_kb:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.AJAXUploader.PostedFileLabelFormat.html

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!
Daniel Lang
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:48:12 AM

Thank you very much!
I have downloaded and used the new version. It works great!

Further I have received the license key from our purchasing - department and faced a problem deploying the app. The license is successufully registered in the license manager, but on the website there is still the trial-notification on the top of the page.

I tried to restart VS2008, referenced the original dll in the installation-directory as well as a copy in the local bin directory, ... without success. I also cannot find any license file, which I could deploy as it is said in the documentation.

Any suggestions?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:55:04 AM

Hi,

Your purchasing department should give you both: both the license key and license file. License key is for your development machine, license file is to remove the trial-notification. So please ask your purchasing department for the license file! :)

Thanks!