Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Lots of problems Options
SteveClements
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:06:03 AM
Groups: Member

I am running into several problems using the EO controls, seeing the tech support directs me to this forum i would like someone from EO to contact me.

I have a very simple page with an eo MultiPage, and on one of the child PageViews I have a toolbar and 3 grids. It takes over 40 seconds to load the page...then changing views from page to page will take over 30 seconds and throw a javascript error (this.bqf.parentElement - which i have identified as being the toolbar).
It takes the same amount of time moving between views that dont have the grids...changing to an asp.net standard multiview is quicker, but the view with the grids still takes > 30 seconds and uses as much CPU as available for those 30 secs. This is all without binding any data to the grids.

The entire multiview is wrapped in an asp.net UpdatePanel, and I have an EO scriptmanager on the page.

Stripping out the asp.net update panel does improve performance a little but its still very very slow...

I'm hoping that I have missed something or there is something thats needs to change as I cant for a second imagine this is the accepted performance.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:14:31 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This may be related to a previous topic you posted. Try to give the Grid fixed size instead of 100%. 100% width/height will slow down the grid considerably.

We do not know what caused the JavaScript error for the ToolBar. Can you try to isolate the problem into a test page? Once we have that we will look into it immediately.

Thanks!
SteveClements
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:22:05 AM
Groups: Member

Thx

I am in the process of changing my code with setSize method...although your link to the code example didnt seem to be correct - i should be ok though.

How to I get the current height of the control? control.getHeight() ???

I will put the toolbar in a seperate page when i get a mo...i suspect its something to do with the multiview..that plays havoc with client side references.

Do you recommend using the eo callback panel and eo multipage over the asp.net ones with the grid control? will i see a perf improvement?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:31:17 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We verified the link is correct. So please let us know if you see anything is wrong.

As for how to get the control height, you will want to use getOffsetHeight. If you have any more questions about the client side interface, you can take a look of the client side API reference section:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=clientapi_howto.html

Anything that's available is there. Please pay attention to the client inheritance. For example, you will not see getOffsetHeight in the Grid object, but in Control object, from which Grid object derives.

I do not need believe CallbackPanel has a significant performance advantage over UpdatePanel. They work similar.

Thanks