Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Cannot find eo_GetObject in client Options
Sterling
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:58:21 AM
Groups: Member

I am trying to evaluate your product and am having trouble getting it installed. I am using VB.NET in VS 2008 but with a web project using .Net 2.0. The integration with VS 2008 failed on the install of your product but I added the controls to the toolkit per your instuctions. I also put the .dll in the bin directory, added the Assembly and Controls (Version=6.0.34.2) declarations to the web.config and added a reference for the EO.Web.dll.

I am trying to call the Dialog control from JavaScript per the instructions:

eo_GetObject('MsgBox').show(true);

but it cannot find that function. I don't need to use your script manager, do I? It loads other of your scripts but apparently not the one with the eo_GetObject function. What do I need to do?

Sterling
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:22:22 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

No. You don't need ScriptManager. The problem is mostly due to our JavaScript files failed to render, which usually occurs when the website requires login but you try to access the page it with anonymous user (without login).

Our product uses a separate file eo_web.ashx to render JavaScript. So if you put the dialog on PageA.aspx, PageA.aspx will call eo_web.ashx to request the JavaScript code. Thus you will want to check whether file eo_web.ashx is indeed on your application's root directory. If the file does exist, then you can check the permission. Even though PageA.aspx is accessible to anomyous user, it won't have the JavaScript code it needed if eo_web.ashx is not accessible to anonymous user.

If the file does not exist, you can simply copy it over from the installation folder. If the file does exist, try to modify your web.config to allow anonymous access to eo_web.ashx. You can find more information about this at here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1401

Please let us know if this solves the issue.

Thanks!