Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Editor Security Exception Options
SteveClements
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 5:24:54 AM
Groups: Member

I have basically copied the editor code form the example for VS 2008, but I get a Security Exception

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

I have double checked the web.config from the example and replicated in mine...

What is the problem? What security does this control require?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 6:52:11 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I am not exactly sure what caused the problem. Can you post the stack trace?

Thanks
SteveClements
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 7:13:59 AM

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\conflictreview\b670e07f\c6d0cd70\App_Web_xmledit.aspx.b801467e.nh86nhcy.0.cs Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
System.Web.UI.Design.ControlPersister.PersistControl(TextWriter sw, Control control, IDesignerHost host) +27
EO.Web.Internal.g0.a(ControlCollection A_0, Control A_1) +227
EO.Web.Internal.a9..ctor(is A_0, Control A_1) +102
EO.Web.Editor.a(String[] A_0) +3326
EO.Web.Editor.c(Control A_0) +267
EO.Web.Editor.h(Control A_0) +146
EO.Web.Editor.CreateChildControls() +1928
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.xml_xmledit_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\conflictreview\b670e07f\c6d0cd70\App_Web_xmledit.aspx.b801467e.nh86nhcy.0.cs:0
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

eo_support
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 10:11:13 AM

Hi,

This appears to be an issue. The direct workaround is to remove the following line from your web.config:

<trust level="xxxx" />

This line causes your application to receive less than full trust. However in many cases this line is being put in a higher config file (such as machine.config) by the system administrator. This is often the case for some web hosting companies. They use this feature to make sure your application not to receive full trust. In that case, there will be no workaround at all.

We have looked into the root of the problem. It might be possible for us to change our code so that it does not require full trust. However, there are multiple trust levels and we currently will only be able to support "High" level. Other levels won't be supported. Also, uploader always requires full trust to run. So even if we worked out the editor, the uploading feature still will not work in a partial trust environment.

I will keep you posted as soon as we have an update.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:10:02 PM

This issue has been fixed in build 2008.0.36.
Samuele
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:46:19 AM

I've same problem,

Where i download this version??

Thanks
Paroca
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:55:10 AM

Hi,

I've sent you a private message with the download location. Please click "inbox" on the top of the forum to view the message.

Thanks