Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Design time error Options
Cyril
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2008 12:45:48 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I open a webproject created with 6.0.32.2 but have 6.0.39.2 installed and recives the common error "Unable to initilize external module...".

In project bin folder I have EO.Web.dll (6.0.32.2), EO.Web.dll.refresh, eo_web.licx

In C:\Program Files\Essential Objects\EO.Web Controls 2008\Net20 folder I have EO.Web.dll (6.0.39.2), EO.Web.NLib.dll and some html and exe files.

I tried to just copy and replace the EO.Web.dll to my project bin folder and reopened the project but then recives error "Error creating control - SideMenu Unknown server tag eo:SlideMenu".

What to do?

PS - We never want to downgrade version as we develop new projects all the time, better to just upgrade it when we make changes and send new bin folder to the web server.

Rgds
Cynkan
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2008 7:31:30 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You need to update your project reference to use 6.0.39 because your project still remembers it uses 6.0.32. This causes the following problem:

1. If you have 6.0.32 in your bin folder, your project is happy. But since other files on your system is 6.0.39. Design time feature does not work ("unable to initialize external module...");
2. If you have 6.0.39 in your bin folder. Your project is not happy because it wanted 6.0.32. That causes the control fail to load;

Thus you need to open the project, switch to solution explorer, expand "Reference" section, delete "EO.Web.dll" (this one is 6.0.32), and then add the new one (6.0.39). That way your project will learn that it needs to use 6.0.39 from now on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cyril
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2008 3:10:56 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

Of course, I forgot while I not do this every day...

Works fine!

Many thanks

Rgds
Cynkan