Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Enchancement to the Spell Checker Object Options
Darrell Reinke
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:33:53 AM
Groups: Member

Good Morning,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature within the spell checker object to "respect" the capitalization of words within the text when changing a misspelled word?

Example:

Let say that the words "hotel" is misspelled within the following comment:

Hotell information: The hotell's vacancy rate has.......

The spell checker will identify both misspelled words, but if the user selects the "Change All" button it will change the change the capital Hotell to hotel, thus not respecting the capitalization of the word and the user will have to go back and recapitalize the first spelling of hotel. This also applies to misspelled words at the beginning of a sentence.

I know there is an option to "Ignore All Capital", but that only applies to words that are in all caps.

If there is a setting for this, please let me know. I know the user can change just one word at a time, making sure that the word they are changing remains capitalized, but that takes a little more time and users (at least in my experience) don't pay that close attention to these kind of things.

Just a thought to make the users spell checking experience a little better.

Thank you for your time,

Darrell
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:38:39 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Darrell,

Thank you very much for your input. That makes perfect sense. We can not guarantee that it will be implemented as this moment due to the fact that we have not fully researched all possible implications yet. But we will certainly look into it and see what we can do. Hopefully having an option so that you can enable/disable this feature.

Thanks
Darrell Reinke
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:41:26 AM

I completely understand.

Thank you.
Murugan
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:47:57 PM

Hi,

I had raised the same issue some days ago.

As we can make it out, this enhancement is very much required if we need to implement the IgnoreAllCapital property as False. Just imagine a sentence all upper case, but one or two of the words in lower case. That simply won't match any business document requirements.

As we change a word using the Suggestions panel, the logic has to check for the case of the word (UPPER CASE / lower case / Title Case) in the Content panel first and then change it accordingly.

Please consider this as a top priority fix. We are eagerly waiting for the same.

Thank you.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:39:51 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the input. We are looking into it and hopefully can have it soon.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:25:22 PM

Hi,

We have posted a new build that addressed this issue. Now the spell checker automatically matches the case of word that it changes. A new property AutoMatchCase has also been added. You can set this property to false to turn off the case matching logic.

Thanks
Darrell Reinke
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 5:18:37 AM

Thank you for addressing this so quickly. Your customer service is outstanding!

Darrell
Murugan
Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:13:55 AM

Thanks a ton!

The new feature (case matching) exactly matches our requirements and after some rounds of testing it is found working as desired. The earlier slow performance issue I reported is also NOT replicable with this new build.

And as Darrell said, you guys proved great on the Support front also.

Thanks again.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:39:50 AM

Excellent! Glad to hear that!