Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Treeview and context menu Options
nick mcculloch
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:20:36 AM
Groups: Member

We have just purchased 2 licenses for the Treeview and the license was activated without a problem. BUT, now I find that the control is saying i now have to buy yet another license because I have made use of the ContextMenu. This was unexpected as I had not seen any mention of this requirement to buy further licenses. Does this mean that we need to now purchase an EO.Web.Menu license to use this? Is there any other "gotchas" I need to be aware of here to support Treeview/Context? The control seems to work fine in an AJAX update panel so I'm assuming I have no issues with AJAX support etc?

Nick
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:44:09 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Sorry about the confusion. The TreeView provides the interface for you to interact with a context menu, but the actual menu is implemented by the Menu (a ContextMenu control to be exact), which itself requires a license for Menu. We sincerely apologize for not mentioning about this in our sample page. We will modify our samples as soon as possible to make it clear. As a general guideline, if you see a component that provides some features that fall exactly onto another control, then it is mostly likely implemented by that control and a license for that control would be required. A good example for that is the Editor control, which uses ColorPicker, Dialog, ToolBars etc.

I do not believe any additional license is needed for ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel support though. While we do have our own CallbackPanel, it is our intention to have all of our controls to work with ASP.NET AJAX as seamlessly as possible. Comparing with ASP.NET AJAX, our CallbackPanel also supports ASP.NET 1.1, while ASP.NET AJAX is ASP.NET 2.0 and above only.

Thanks