Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

adding the control to the aspx page Options
loons
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 12:25:41 PM
Groups: Member

I am trying to use the code in the sample for the Excel style edit grid. I am new to the use of controls and would most appreciate a sample of how to include this control in an the aspx page. I came close when I essentially renamed the demo.ascx page to aspx and included a form statement, but it could not read the demo class in the demo.ascx.vb page.

Thank you for your help.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 12:36:19 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You would need to get familar with ASP.NET first, probably can start with Visual Studio. ASP.NET itself is the platform and we are just a control set targeting that platform, so if you are not faimilar with that and the associated development tool, you won't going anywhere anyway.

Thanks
loons
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 2:43:37 PM

Hi,
I am somewhat familiar with asp.net, but not with the calling of controls from a page that also call a namespace/class. I can see how the other controls are called, the editable grid is causing problem. I was hoping that you had a simplified default page that would just pull in one control--the grid control, rather than all the various controls.
Thank you.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 2:56:49 PM

Hi Loons,

There is no real difference between using our controls and the standard ASP.NET controls as for creating the page. If you use Visual Studio, the steps to create a page with a single Grid control is exactly the same as creating a page with a single standard ASP.NET button. So I am really not sure what you are asking.

Once you have our control(s) in the page, you will need to read our documentation (on your machine as a .chm file) to go over all the guide/walkthroughs and also the properties/methods/events in the reference part. That's where we are different.

Thanks
loons
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:11:19 AM

I just wanted to apologize for troubling you ....I had the control set up correctly and it was easy.... .the problem was with my SQL database connection...I was still using a piece of your sample code for the database connection
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:14:08 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the update!