Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Chrome 54 and EO Options
Gabe
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:44:56 AM
Groups: Member

I know you occasionally sync up your framework with the Chrome project. Just wanted to make you aware that the newly released Chrome 54 does not print correctly when using media print queries. It renders the page with an incorrect zoom level (it is zoomed out). This has broken our finally tuned browser printing support for our application's printable pages. I have not been able to find a workaround thus far. Fortunately, EO.PDF does not have an issue rendering the pages correctly. Just thought I would pass this info your way in case you were planning on integrating Chrome 54+ anytime soon, as this may cause issues with EO.PDF rendering pages correctly.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:47:22 AM
Groups: Administration

Thank you very much for sharing such valuable information with us!
Gabe
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:59:02 PM

Just as a follow-up, Chrome 54+ is having a lot of problems with printing. Here are some of the bug reports filled...

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=660058

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=658606
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:03:06 PM

Thanks for letting us know!
Gabe
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 10:01:07 AM

We use EO.PDF and are up for renewal. We have not yet switched to a 2017 version in production because of your switch to Chrome 54, which has a lot of printing issues. As of Chrome 58, these are still not all resolved and cause lots of headaches for our users (just in the Chrome browser, not your product). My question is, before we renew, is have you had any known issues with EO.PDF when switching to Chrome 54? I know that is a broad question. :)
eo_support
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 12:41:26 PM

Hi,

This is an extremely broad questions. For a project as enormous as Chromium there are always numerous open issues at any time. We have not received complains about printing after we switched to Chromium V54 though.

Thanks!