Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

BaseMenu visibility Options
Joel Rewers
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2008 12:36:29 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I'm using the old aspxlab menu in my application and there is a user that does not see the menu at the top of the page. I know that you need to allow javascript to see the menu, but are there any other reasons why the user cannot see the menu. Perhaps there are other settings (security, ...) that causes the menu not to be displayed.

Can you help me with this issue.

thanks

Joel
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2008 6:43:19 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Joel,

A lot of time it's due to JavaScript error. And they are often caused by third party plugins. So I would check that first.

Thanks
Joel Rewers
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2008 6:48:09 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the quick reply,

I guess if most of our customers can see the menu and only one guy cannot it can only be due to the disabling of javascript in the browser.

What do you mean with the thirdparty software. The one we use in our application or the ones that the user of our application is using?

Joel
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2008 7:05:22 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Joel,

Disabling JavaScript will definitely shut everything down. The other possibility is, there are many browsers plug-ins on the markets, plug-ins have the ability to alter some JavaScript behaviors (one obvious sample is popup blocker, a call to window.open should open a new browser window, however a popup block plug-in can alter that behavior). However some of them have bugs and it interfere with the pages in the browser. When that happens, there is no other way except for disable/uninstall the plug-in at fault.

Thanks

Thanks