Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Rundll32 and eowp.17.1.76.0 are consuming more and more memory using ThreadRunner Options
KimKamp
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:07:20 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I've looked at the posts regarding the multiple rundll32 files, or the multiple eowp.17.1.76.0 files, that are created when I use ThreadRunner.

Here's the scenario: I'm using Threadrunner in a Thread, to check multiple web pages for a particular string in the text.

Each time I run the Module that contains the Threadrunner, it opens another instance of the rundll32 program in memory, that I see in Task Manager.

The issue is that the instances of rundll32 are not releasing. They are staying in memory. Each time I run another ThreadRunner query, it adds another instance. The instances are not releasing until I close my program, at which time they all release.

I have tried dimensioning the ThreadRunner as a Public declaration vs. declaring it in the Module, but it doesn't make any difference.

What is the cure for this? If I let the user run too many ThreadRunner queries, the computer locks up due to memory shortages.

Is there a way to release those excessive rundll32 instances?

Please reply soon!

Thanks!

Kim
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:58:42 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Make sure you call WebView.Destroy to destroy the WebView you created through the ThreadRunner. The number of rundll32.exe is directly linked to WebView instances.

Thanks!
KimKamp
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:48:06 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

That did it!
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:40:07 AM
Groups: Administration

Great. Glad to hear that!