Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

ClientSideBeforeExecute not paasing back to server properly Options
PThompson
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 9:16:54 AM
Groups: Member

Hi

I have a strange problem that I hope someone can help with.

Here's the scenario.
I have built an application against a developemnt database and all works fine. I have now created a new database for UAT.

When running against the UAT database when I trigger a callbackpanel with a ClientSideBeforeExecute script the script runs OK and returns true, however I'm waiting over 30minutes for it to return to the callbackpanel execute event server side.

I have put breaks on both client and server function, and both are ok when finally exected.

It's bizarre that this only occurs when the database is changed, when no database actions are performed between these points.

Can anyone help?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 9:38:54 AM
Groups: Administration

PThompson wrote:
It's bizarre that this only occurs when the database is changed, when no database actions are performed between these points.

That sounds like 99.9% has to do with your database code. :) Obviously our CallbackPanel won't have anything to do with database. So my guess is that your database accessing code blows up somewhere and that causes the CallbackPanel to fail because the normal page flow is interrupted by the exception.
PThompson
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:43:58 AM
Groups: Member

If that's the case, then there must be some event that it fired between the ClientSideBeforeExecute and the CallBackPanel execute events. Are you saying these two events are not tightly coupled on the same callbackpanel. If so what other events are fired that I can debug.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:50:42 AM
Groups: Administration

Yes. Every callback goes through the normal page cycle, so Page_Load is fired in between at least. If you have other event handlers, they might be fired as well.