Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.MaskedEdit not working on android device Options
Brito
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:55:54 PM
Groups: Member

Hi, I'm using the MaskedEdit component in a project and it does not work properly on a mobile device.
I am trying to enter an US phone number and allows to enter more numbers than those defined in the mask segments. In addition, on blur event the field gets an empty value.
Anyone gets the same error than I do? Any idea of what is happening?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 2:26:21 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we are still working on this issue. We are able to reproduce the problem but we do not know the root cause yet. We will reply here again when we have an update.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:37:59 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have posted a new build that partially addressed this problem. You can download the new build from our download page and take a look.

The root of the problem is Chrome on Andriod does not have keypress event, which the MaskedEdit relies on. This makes it extremely difficult to capture/intercept individual key stroke. As a result, the new build is still not able to apply the mask as you type --- however it does apply the mask as the textbox loses focus. So you can type the same keyboard sequence as you would in the desktop version and then leave the textbox, the result will be the same as in the desktop version, with the difference being that the result is not formatted immediately as you type.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more question.

Thanks!