Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Persist cookies between sessions Options
serializer
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 10:50:59 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I am trying to automate some login and download and I would like to temporary store cookies/session between each call. How can I store the session and then load it later in new session?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 2:49:39 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The session data are stored by default. You can explicitly delete it with this method:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/eo.webengine.engine.cleanupcachefolders_overloads.aspx

Thanks!

AiSatan
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 7:41:17 AM
Groups: Member

Hi, I have a bug with cookies here. (I tested with TabBrowser too.)

- Login to site (twitter in my case);
- Quit from the browser
- Open browser and return to the site - I'm not authorized
(The "Cookies" file size in my temp folder - 7)

but if I login and wait some time (about 5-10 second), and than close/open the browser - I am authorized.
(The "Cookies" file size in my temp folder - 9)

Can you fix it or add some method for save cookies to file immediately?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:50:26 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Can you try the same with Google Chrome browser and see if it behaves the same? If Google Chrome behaves the same, then we will usually wait for the Chromium team to address it first as we are not in a position to fix browser engine issues because it is extremely large and complex, so it is not possible for us to address those issues on our end.

Another possibility is it may indeed takes that long for the cookies to be received by the client. You can add some code inside the WebView's AfterReceiveHeaders event to trace the cookies that you received. If the server does not send the authentication cookie down right away, then obviously that can only be addressed on the web server side.

If you do see the cookies have been sent down right away and Google Chrome does not show this time delay, please PM us with a test page and we will be happy to investigate further.

As a side note, please start a new thread for your question rather than replying in a thread started by other users. This is because all users in the thread will be notified when a new post is added to a thread but the original user may not wish to see such notifications that is no longer irreverent to his/her original question.

Thanks!