Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Double Context Menu Options
THoMaSiN
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:25:22 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I have a TreeView which property OnClientContextMenu is set to a function. This function displays the appropiate context menu depending on some nodes value properties.

The problem I'm experimenting is that the regular Windows context menu is siplayed at the same time, not allowing the user to see the Essential Objects context menu.

Is that normal?

I think it worked fine until I updated to your last release ... I tried in Firefox and same problem ...

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:10:22 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You need to return true from your OnClientContextMenu handler. Returning true means you already handled it and no longer need the default behavior.

Thanks
THoMaSiN
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:04:36 AM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

You need to return true from your OnClientContextMenu handler. Returning true means you already handled it and no longer need the default behavior.

Thanks

yeah, I'm doing that without luck...

furthermore, It only whos the Windows Context Menu when I call the function to show the context menu ... if it skips that call, everything works fine (but of course, no context menu is dropped :) )

Code: JavaScript
function ShowContextMenu(e, treeView, node)
{	 
      if (logic_to_show)
      {
              eo_ShowContextMenu(e, "PMMenu");
      }

return true;
}
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:32:48 PM

Hi,

That does not makes sense to me at all. eo_ShowContextMenu does not have the ability to turn on/off the default context menu. You can take a look of this page and see if the same problem occurs:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=TreeView\_i1\_i9

Also try to run the page locally and see if it gives you the same result. If you don't see the problem with our sample page, Try compare the sample with your page and see if you can spot the difference.

Thanks
THoMaSiN
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:21:32 AM

Hello Again,

After some testing I've been able to see how this behaviour happens when the context menu doesn't have enough space to show himself. The tree view is in a frame and if the context menu has enough space from where you clicked to the end of the frame, everything is ok, but if it doesn't then the context menu is still displayed and shifted left to allow the content to be seen (good job on that one) but the windows context menu keeps appearing :(

Is that something you guys can reproduce? Does it makes sense what I'm saying? (I
m using the skin template that you have on the website for the menus on the Context Menu control)

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:26:22 AM

THoMaSiN wrote:
After some testing I've been able to see how this behaviour happens when the context menu doesn't have enough space to show himself. The tree view is in a frame and if the context menu has enough space from where you clicked to the end of the frame, everything is ok, but if it doesn't then the context menu is still displayed and shifted left to allow the content to be seen (good job on that one) but the windows context menu keeps appearing :(

This additional information is very useful. :) We will try that and see if it happens here! As long as it occurs here, there should be no problem for us to fix it.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:16:15 AM

This issue has been addressed in build 2007.2.32.