Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

'LoadLibrary Failed' error on windows 10 machines with October update Options
Steve Smith
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:17:23 AM
Groups: Member

Hi Support team,

Currently we are experiencing an issue while using the EO.PDF libraries to convert an HTML file to a PDF file.
The error occurs if we run our application on a PC running windows 10 with the October update (1809) installed. On other pc’s without this update and on windows 7 pc’s we do not experience this issue.
The error message says: ‘Failed to resolve LoadLibrary’
We are using version 18.2.74 of the library.
In the meantime I'm testing with the latest version 18.3.46. will let you know if that resolves the issue.
Could you please have a look at this? This is an urgent issue for us.
Steve Smith
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:14:29 AM

Hi Support team,

In the meantime I've investigated this further.
It turns out to be an issue with click-once applications in combination with the October update of windows 10 (i've tested with the latest version of the PDF library)

To summarise:
- windows 7, windows server 2012 and windows 10 without the October update are working fine for our application installed via click once as well as for our application installed via an MSI.
- On pc's running windows 10 with the October update installed installed via click-once, the 'Failed to resolve LoadLibrary' error occurs.

I've also tried your demo application but that application is installed via an MSI so it is is working fine.

Please advice
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 9:54:05 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The issue does not appear to be directly related to click once --- even though we are not able to verify it due to the fact that the original 1809 update has problems and Microsoft has pulled and then trying to re-release it gradually. As a result so far we have not been able to get the update.

EO.WebBrowser and EO.Pdf is based on Chromium browser engine and the browser engine has a multiple process architecture. By default we use Window's rundll32.exe to start child processes, this appears to be failing on 1809 updates. Based on other customer's feedback, this issue is can be resolved by enable EO worker process, which uses our own eowp.exe instead of rundll32.exe to start child process:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/common/eowp.aspx

The latest build would automatically enable EO worker process as long as eowp.exe is present in the same directory --- this is why the sample application works since eowp.exe does exist in the same directory for the sample exe files.

So please try that and see if it works for you.

Thanks!
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 1:32:01 AM

I think I know what the answer to this is going to be, but is there a workaround for this issue if I am using version 15 of EO.Pdf? I noticed that there is no EnableEOWP Property in the Runtime Class for the version I have.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 8:13:03 AM
Groups: Administration

002 wrote:
I think I know what the answer to this is going to be, but is there a workaround for this issue if I am using version 15 of EO.Pdf? I noticed that there is no EnableEOWP Property in the Runtime Class for the version I have.

Yes, you will need the newer version to have this property. This property did not exist in early versions. Depending on when your previous order was placed, we may have upgrade discount for you. If you can PM us your order number we will be able to check it for you.