Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Focus Issues with EO.WebBrowser 19.x Options
Stefan Koell
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 4:40:54 AM
Groups: Member

Hi again!

I found another related issue where I'm wondering if you have suggestions on how to workaround it:
Some web pages load the login page using a javascript. This means, the completed handler is called but there's still a delay until a login form is shown. One example is the vmware vSphere login screen. So in case I call the WebView.SetFocus(false) too early (before a focusable control is actually there), the web view is in a funny state. The computer starts to beep and the system menu gets invoked. It seems to mess up the rest of the application.

So my question: is there a way to find out if there's a focusable control there? What would be the best way to check if the SetFocus method actually worked?

Thanks!
Stefan
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:39:52 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Calling SetFocus while there is no focusable element should set focus to the document itself --- so it is still perfectly legal. This would have the same result as you mouse click on an static area of any web page. In this case if there is another focusable element in the page and you press tab key, it will move focus to that element. We do not know how/why this would mess up the whole application. If you can provide a repro we will very happy to investigate further.

Thanks