Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

HtmlToPdf.ConvertUrl, PostData, Content-Type Options
Zach Essary
Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:09:27 PM
Groups: Member

I am trying to send complex types, via Json, in the HtmlToPdfOptions.PostData property. For this to be picked up on the other end, I need to set the Content-Type header in the underlying request when calling HtmlToPdf.ConvertUrl.

I set the HtmlToPdfOptions.AdditionalHeaders property by adding "Content-Type: application/json", but this header is ignored when the post occurs. I have verified that my Content-Type header is not sent by inspecting the request on the other end. I've also verified that the posted data (byte[]) does contain my raw json as intended. I can manually take the Request.InputStream and convert that to a deserialized copy of my Json, decode that into my intended object and work with it that way. However, using MVC, it would be much better as a larger solution if I could set the Content-Type header and allow the MVC framework to parse the request normally.

Thank you in advance,
Zach
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, May 4, 2019 1:17:26 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have tested this on the latest build. AdditionalHeaders does work fine, however there is a problem with PostData. We will fix it in our next build and reply here again as soon as the new build is available.

Thanks!

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:44:02 PM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that fixed the issue with PostData. You can download the new build from our download page. Please take a look and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
David Robinson
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2019 9:40:05 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,
Will this PostData fix also fix missing PostData when sent using XMLHttpRequest?
Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2019 2:11:46 PM

Hi,

PostData has nothing to do with XMLHttpRequest. PostData is for the main request. These are the sequence of the events during the conversion:

1. The browser engine loads the main request to get the page. PostData is used for this request only;
2. The browser engine then run any JavaScript code in the page;
3. The JavaScript code can create XmlHttpRequest object to fetch additional data from wherever it prefers;

The arguments/data used in step 3 is completely controlled by the JavaScript code. It has nothing to do with PostData used in step 1.

Hope this clears up.

Thanks