Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Facing PostBack problem with DatePicker Options
Menon
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:50:50 PM
Groups: Member

Hi There,
This is strange.
I am having a normal aspx page in which i have GridVeiw and two DatePickers used for Search in GridView.
Now my GridView is inside UpdatePanel. I am using Paging, Sorting etc. and i dont want the page to make refresh hence its inside the Update panel. My Problem is the Page is making Refresh on Sorting and Paging inspite of UpdatePanel. It really took me long to understand the reason.

Its quite surprising that when i removed the DatePickers from that page. It stopped making refresh on Sorting and Paging. It is quite stupid. But really i face this. I was surprised. I dont know what is going on. But somewhere these both dont go together. And if i remove the datepicker the Sorting and Paging doesnt make refresh. Now i need both of them and even datepickers.

If there is anything you can help me, i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Cheers
Menon
eo_support
Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 5:58:33 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Menon,

First try to update to the latest version, that way it's easier to troubleshoot because we will be on the same page. If that does not solve the problem, please isolate the problem into a test page and make sure the test page can be run independently. We can then take a look of the test page and see what we can find.

Thanks
Menon
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:09:22 AM

Hi There,

Firstly Sorry for not responding back to this problem, because i had to take care of many other issue. I had left the Refresh problem temporarily. But can you please help me out for it.

Update the latest version? You mean to Update the Datepicker?
It is really why the UpdatePanel doesnt stop the Refresh if i have Datepicker in my page.

Please guide me further if i need Update of the Datepicker or what?

Thanks

Menon
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:07:41 AM
Groups: Administration

That is correct. We constantly post new builds. So it's always a good idea to download and update to the latest version of EO.Web Controls.
Menon
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:42:47 AM

Hi There,
Thanks i will download the latest version of EO.Web.Controls and try it and give you the feedback.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Menon
Menon
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:14:57 AM

Hi,

Thank you very much. I just downloaded the latest EO.Web.Controls and
the DatePicker is just working fine. I dont get any more PostBack Issues. It is working fine and good.

Thanks,

Menon