Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Capture html element that received the click? Options
Christian Porzio
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:46:00 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

Is there an efficient way to capture the html tag that was clicked?

Surely we can handle the click and look at the whole document but then how one can identify which element was actually clicked or for which the user hit 'Enter'?

Thank you
Christian Porzio
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 9:53:55 AM

Actually what I am really trying to obtain is something like the getXPath of the clicked event.target, I guess I could inject a javascript that does that but I was wondering if there as any more efficient way to do it.

Thank you!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 10:38:16 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

There is no built in support on this from our side. So you will need to rely on standard technologies such as JavaScript to do that.

Thanks!
Christian Porzio
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 11:27:09 AM

Thank you for your response. I understand getting the XPath directly is not available but would you make any recommendation in regards to getting the event.target that originated the click?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 11:37:39 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You would need to search online for such issues. :) I am sure you would understand that we are not really in a position to offer support on generic JavaScript programming. We will only support the interop part --- for example, if you have questions/issues about running JavaScript through our controls then we will look into it, but we won't be looking into the JavaScript code itself unless it is specifically EO related (for example, when you use EO's JavaScript extension feature). If there is anything specifically related to EO in your code, then you can explain in details and we will be happy to help you further.

Thanks!