Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

MaskedEditValidator question Options
M. van Berkel
Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 4:50:40 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I have a question about the MaskedEditValidator.
Validating a customercode, I receive constantly an "invalid" warning.

I want to validate a customercode as follows :
- beginning with 'P' or 'G' (used a choice segment)
- 4 digits (used a mask segment)
- ending with a lower capital letter (used a choice segment)
All the segments are required.

I use the choice segment in the ending part (in stead of the alphanumeric segment)
because I want the user to be able to scroll thought the letters.

I use the following code.

<eo:MaskedEdit ID="KlantCode" runat="server" Width="55px" >
<eo:MaskedEditSegment IsRequired="True" SegmentType="Choice" Text="P" Choices="P|G" />
<eo:MaskedEditSegment IsRequired="True" SegmentType="Mask" Text="0001" Mask="0000" />
<eo:MaskedEditSegment IsRequired="True" SegmentType="Choice" Text="a" Choices="a|b|c|d|e|f|g|h|i|j|k|l|m|n|o|p|q|r|s|t|u|v|w|x|y|z" />
</eo:MaskedEdit>

<eo:MaskedEditValidator ID="MaskedEditValidator1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="KlantCode" Font-Bold="True" Font-Names="Arial" ToolTip="Foutmelding" Text="Opgegeven klantcode invalid." SetFocusOnError="true" ></eo:MaskedEditValidator>

At execution time, the kind of input does not matter, I always receive the message :
"Klantcode is invalid"

Probably, I do not understand and use the correct syntax of the MaskedEditValidator statement.
Could you help me out here?

Kind regards
eo_support
Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 12:07:49 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Sorry about the delay. We tried the same code and it seems to be working fine. We tried by creating a blank page, then paste your code in it and add a button. We do not get the message when clicking the button. Can you try the same? We tested with the latest version, so you might want to upgrade to that first.

Thanks
M. van Berkel
Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:43:27 AM

Hi,

I tried your suggestion and created a default page with my masterpage.
Copied the MaskEdit and the MaskEdit Validator gives the same result.

After that I tried to create a default page without any masterpage.... (code included)
And again, I do receive the message "fout".... and there is no postback to the mainpage.

d'oh!

Please help with any suggestion...

The code I use:

<eo:MaskedEdit ID="KlantCode" runat="server" Width="55px" TextBoxStyle-CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: blue 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: blue 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: blue 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: blue 1px solid" >
<eo:MaskedEditSegment IsRequired="True" SegmentType="Choice" Text="P" Choices="P|G" />
<eo:MaskedEditSegment IsRequired="True" SegmentType="Mask" Text="0001" Mask="0000" />
<eo:MaskedEditSegment IsRequired="True" SegmentType="Choice" Text="a" Choices="a|b|c|d|e|f|g|h|i|j|k|l|m|n|o|p|q|r|s|t|u|v|w|x|y|z" />
</eo:MaskedEdit>
<eo:MaskedEditValidator ID="MaskedEditValidator1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="KlantCode" Text="Fout"></eo:MaskedEditValidator>
<br />
<br />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="back" PostBackUrl="~/ALG-00-AlgemeenMenu.aspx" />
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2008 9:49:33 AM

Hi Van,

I am not sure where the difference is. Can you create a test project that demonstrates the problem? We will PM you as to where to send the test project.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2008 7:32:57 AM

Hi,

Please upgrade to the latest version. The test project you sent to us works fine on the latest version.

Thanks
M. van Berkel
Posted: Friday, March 7, 2008 12:33:45 AM

Hi,

The problem is solved !!!!!!!! Applause

Indeed, the upgrade to the latest version was the solution, but...... it was very confusing... Brick wall

I recently upgraded to version 2007-2 (not more then 4 weeks ago) and installed the version 2007-2 into all of my applications. It looked to be working fine. Till I met the problems regarding the MaskEditValidator I described in this forum.

After downloading and updating today to the latest version, it looks to be working fine indeed .... and also my problems with the MaskEditValidator looks to be solved. But the latest version I downloaded was ...... also ..... the 2007-2 version.

I compared the versionnumbers of the 2007-2 I downloaded 4 weeks ago, and the version I downloaded today. Both the version has the versionnumber : 12.0.0.58849. No problem I thought, but I discovered something strange.

The timestamp of the digital authentication was different.
The one I download 4 weeks ago was : 28/11/2007 - 19:09:39
And the one I download today was : 24/02/2008 - 15:49:07

I supose there are some modifications in the latest version, but never the less the question :
Am I using the correct version rightnow ?
(it seems to be working fine.... but you never know... Angel

Nevert the less, thank you for your great support.

Kind regards,
Martin
eo_support
Posted: Friday, March 7, 2008 6:50:50 AM

Hi,

We constantly posts new builds. So while the major version is still 2007.2. The build number is different. If you view the version of the DLL, you will see a version number of 5.0.xx.y. Here xx is the build number. Our download page always tells you what the latest build number is.

Thanks