Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Blank page in web browser Options
nbtest
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:41:10 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I'm trying to install your WebBrowser component with VB.Net + WPF technologies.
This is working fine on some systems but on other systems, the web browser window opens but stay blank.
I activated the CrashReport system with the following ID : "QuizzboxOnline"

Could you help us with this issue ?

I put the eowp.exe file in the same folder than EO.Base.dll. I use the sample code that is in your documentation.
I disabled all firewall and antivirus temporarily.
The version is 2019.2.91

Thank you for your help, Best Regards,

Nicolas
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:26:42 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We do not see any crash report on our end with the ID you provided. See the application must have crashed really early even before the crash report code is initialized.

Please try the following:
1. See if your application receives any exceptions;
2. Check whether TabbedBrowser sample application works on the same system

Thanks!
nbtest
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2019 3:24:44 AM

Thank you for your answer.

We don't have any exceptions on our application and the TabbedBrowser sample application is working on all system tested.
We're trying to embed your webbrowser into our WPF application but it's not working.

What is really weird is that the webpage seems to appear behind the blank page.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2019 10:27:04 AM

In that case it's probably a bug in your code since the web page is displayed and TabbedBrowser is working properly. You will need to debug the issue yourself in such cases. I would recommend you to try to reduce your application to the bare minimum and see if you can find what triggered the problem in the process. Usually as long as you find out what triggered the problem you will be able to resolve it.
nbtest
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:00:14 AM

Here is the code I use :

The WebControl that will contain our Browser :

I activate the CrashReport with the ID "QuizzboxOnline" :

On some computers, the window stay blank.
With the debug window, I can do a screenshot. On the screenshot, the content of the website appears :

On this screenshot, you can see the blank window and the screenshot on the right.
There is no log associate with this behavior in our application...

Thank you so much for your time,

Regards,

Nicolas
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:11:36 AM

Hi,

If you can get a screen capture correctly through the debug UI, then it means the WebView is working correctly. This means the problem is most likely somewhere else in your application or on your system. It is impossible for us to tell you exactly what it is without examining your system, here a a few examples of what can go wrong:

1. If you have another window overlapped on top of the WebView, then obviously you won't see the WebView;
2. You may have other third party application interfering with your application (such as screen sharing applications);
3. There might be a problem with your video card driver. You can try to explicitly turn GPU off with this code as a test:

Code: C#
EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.DisableGPU = true;

If the problem continues, the only option would be for you to provide remote access to us to one of the system that shows the problem. We do charge for such services by hours though, however the charge will be waived if the root cause is on our end.

Thanks!