Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.Total 2019.2.91.0 Options
MIS Admin
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 10:53:35 PM
Groups: Member

Dear EO,

Do you mean you have already checked your product on Windows Server 2016 whether it works well on windows server 2016 or not?

It is possible with team viewer after we had logged in window server 2016 for remote access?

Thanks,
MIS Admin
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:27:20 PM
Groups: Administration

Yes. We do check our product on Windows Server 2016 and it does work fine in our environment with or without eowp enabled. So it definitely appears to have something to do with your specific system.

We generally need unattended RDP access to investigate this kind of problems. The reason is we usually need to add logs or even install debug tools on your system to pinpoint exact point of failure. After we run test/collect debug logs from your system, we will then analyze it and add more logs, uploading more test files to your system, run the test again, and collect data and analyze the result again, over and over until we find out the root cause. This process is most effective when you can provide an isolated test system for and unattended access to it because we can not predict how much time each session we will need and how much time we will need in between the sessions.

The most common cause for such issue is false alarm for third party security software. So if you do have them on your system, the first thing you should check is to temporarily disable them or check their logs to see if they have reported killing "suspicious" process that might be related to us. If that's the case, you may need to explicitly whitelist our product in their settings.
MIS Admin
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 3:35:30 AM

Dear EO,

Is there any impact to our system when you install debug tool and add logs?

Is it possible with team viewer after we had logged in window server 2016 for remote access?

If so, when will be available to do above things because we will be with you at that time. So, we can know what you are doing.

Please, Let us know how long will you take to do this.

Thanks,
MIS Admin

eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 11:02:29 AM

You will have to have a separate test system for us to do the debugging as we may need to replace our DLLs/restart frequently. Also the test DLLs that we upload may only for testing a specific feature that does not function the same as production version. As such you definitely do not want to do this on production server.

As explained in our previous reply, we will need unattended RDP access to do this. We have also explained that we don't know how much time we will need in the same reply. So you may want to read our reply again to get a better idea about the process. We can explain to you what we have found after we find out the root cause, but it would be extremely inefficient for both of us if you just want to watch what we are doing because almost all the debugging will in fact be done in our own environment. Your system is primarily for testing/verification purpose. So you would be just sitting there waiting for us to debug on our own system for however long it may take for us to debug. There is nothing for you to see on your end.
MIS Admin
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 10:22:40 PM

Dear EO,

What does it mean for unattended RDP?

Formally, we use "Remote Desktop Access" by username and password to access our AWS server.

Do we need to explain how to run our system to get the current Eopdf Issue?

Is there any configuration on AWS? If yes, Please, contact us as we need to deal with you and AWS technical team.

Can you provide us your email contact/phone number to work above process together?

Thank you,
MIS Admin

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:33:07 AM

Unattended RDP meaning you provide us the RDP credentials so that we can connect to it to conduct test when we need to, as oppose to "online meeting" kind of session where you start a session, notify us the session is available, wait for us to join, etc. That type of remote session is not practical for troubleshooting this kind of problems because we do not know how much time or how many sessions we need since we do not know the root cause of the problem yet.

We use AWS ourselves and we are not aware of any specific AWS configuration that would conflict with our product. Since you are experiencing the problem in AWS, please do the following:

1. Set up a separate AWS EC2 instance;
2. Create a bare minimum test application and deploy that application to the instance;
3. Provide us the source code of your test application and RDP credentials to the test system;

Once we have that we will connect to it to see what we can find. Please see this link for our email and further instructions on sending us test code/project:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Please also include detailed step by step instruction on how to reproduce the problem when you send the test project.

Thanks!
MIS Admin
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 1:18:19 AM

Dear EO,

Thank so much for your reply and explanation.

If there is not any impact to our AWS server and our systems when you install debug tool and add logs,
I will create the test system for your testing on the current AWS server because we don't have any extra server.

Our current AWS server 2016 don't have any problem.
It only can't generate report now by using Eopdf tools when our system hosted on IIS since last month. It can generate before.

As you requested, we will give RDP credentials ( server IP, user name, password ), test system location and domain name
after I create the test system for your testing. I will send all information to your email [REMOVED BY ADMIN] from [REMOVED BY ADMIN] next week.

Do I need to explain/give the instruction to run our system to find out this current error/issue? If needs, let me know.

Is this above way ok for your testing? I am looking for your reply.

Thank a lot,
MIS Admin
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 11:15:51 AM

Hi,

We will need a separate throw away test system. Installing debug tools and add logs WILL impact both the server and the application. So we can not do this on your production server. So is the debugging process itself. For example, if we set a break point and then the application breaks there, then your server will stop serving any client until we resume the application. Also the change we do is not limited to add logs. We may need to temporarily add test code just to see what result we can get on your server. Those test code are meant for testing, and they CAN and OFTEN DO break the actual functionality. So it's definitely a no no to do this in production server.

Additionally, as we have explained in the link we provided above, we do not work on your production application either. You will need to isolate the problem into a bare minimum test project and provide the source code of the test project to us as well. There are a number of reasons for this. One of the most important reason is we frequently need to change how our code is called as part of the debugging process. Another other reason is debugging our customers application as is would inadvertently encourage our customers to involve us whenever they run into any kind of issue, regardless whether the root cause is related to us or not. Because of this, we always ask our customers to isolate the problem into a test project first.

Thanks!
MIS Admin
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 4:02:27 AM

Dear EO,

Thank you for your explanation.

I have created a test system on our production server.

As you said above, you can not test on our production server.

We don't have other server like testing server.

So, We will provide our source code to you during this week.

Eopdf tool works on IIS express on Visual Studio IDE of window server 2016 by pressing F5 but not work by hosting on IIS of window server 2016.

You should have to test our source code by hosting on IIS of window server 2016.

Thank you,
MIS Admin

Devendra Thakkar
Posted: Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:44:36 AM

some users are getting error while open eo web cross frame menu in IE-11.

It is asking for download eo_web.js and menus are getting blank.

I further check in details and found that it is not working for IE version 11.0.165.
Working fine on version (11.0.160)
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:15:41 AM

If you do not have other server that demonstrates the problem, you can create setup a separate test application on your production server and we will try to debug on that test application only. As mentioned in our test project guidelines, make sure it only includes code needed to reproduce the problem.
MIS Admin
Posted: Friday, January 3, 2020 2:53:41 AM

Dear EO,

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
As you requested, I sent our test system file to your email directly.
Please, check your email kindly.

We are looking for your reply.

Thank you,
MIS Admin
eo_support
Posted: Friday, January 3, 2020 11:15:44 AM

Hi,

We did receive the test app. We still need you to:

1. Enable EO Worker process in your test application as we have already discussed;
2. Place this test app on your server that you have problem with and make sure the problem does occur in this test app;
3. Give us RDP access to the server so that we can investigate further;

There are two rules here:
1. In order for us to investigate the issue, we need to be able to see it first;
2. You must follow our instructions;

We have repeated what you need to do many times over and over in the this thread which is now almost three pages long. You keep thinking that when we ask you to do X, you can ignore that and do Y instead. You can not. You must follow our instructions in order to move forward. If you can not understand our instructions or do not know how to do what we ask you to do, you will need to resolve that first. You can not go around it.

Thanks!
MIS Admin
Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2020 9:47:36 PM

Dear EO,

Thank you for your reply.

I have done step 1 and 2 on our server since we sent the test system. We still have the same problem.

We can give RDP access of our production server if it does not impact anything to our server when you test because it is running on production server for our all systems.

Please, let us know before logging in to remote desktop because it will log out while we might have something to do on it.

I will send RDP information via email. Please, check your email kindly.

Thanks,
MIS Admin

eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 6, 2020 4:29:22 PM

Hi,

Thanks for providing all the information. We were able to connect to your server and reproduce the problem. We have been able to find out why EO.Pdf fails on your system but we have not been able to positively identify what caused the situation.

The root of the problem is your Web application is not able to register any Windows class. To demonstrate this problem, we have changed the sample application's code to the following:

Code: C#
protected void btnGenerate_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    //Create a simple Windows.Forms.Form object
    System.Windows.Forms.Form form = new System.Windows.Forms.Form();
    form.CreateControl();
    Label1.Text = form.Handle.ToString();
}

The above code simply creates and initialize a regular Windows.Forms.Form object and it will fail in your web application with Windows API RegisterClass fail with error code ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY. This should not occur. Even though a web application is not directly associated to an interactive desktop, it should still be able to create and use window handles as many core Windows features are related to window handles.

The most logical cause for this situation is you have a leak in one of the services running on your server. The error you are receiving indicates you are running out desktop heap memory. See here for more details on desktop heap:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ntdebugging/2007/01/04/desktop-heap-overview/

The desktop associated to the services (including IIS) is not the same as the interactive desktop. So while everything works fine in the interactive desktop (for example, you can run our EOPdfDemo application interactively and it will work fine), the desktop associated to the services seem to have run out of memory. The logical conclusion for this is one of your service is draining the resources on the desktop associated to services.

We won't be able to find out exactly which service this is for you since this would literally require us to shutdown/disable every service in order to find out which one caused the problem. Obviously this is not something we would want to do on your production server.

There is also the possibility that you may have some configurations that would restrict your service to allocate any desktop resource which causes this to fail. So you may also want to contact your system administrator to see if he/she is aware of any such settings.

Thanks!
MIS Admin
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 12:41:43 AM

Thank you so much for helping me to find the problem. I am a bit confused now, because you gave me solutions that are not solving anything directly in EO. I think it would help if you can find the error on the EOpdf side. If I understand correctly, your last solutions all focus on other code.

Further questions I have to clarify:
1. You said "The root of the problem is your Web application is not able to register any Windows class."

Do you mean Eopdf tool also need to register windows class?

2. When you try your Eopdf tool, you also got this error "ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY"? Because what you stated above is that the error comes from the other code, not from your EO code.

Also, on our IIS, everything works, all our systems, except for EO.

I have tried your approach with the code you gave me, and the same error message came up. Then I modified one line of the code, see below, and now I don't receive any error message anymore. It works.

protected void btnGenerate_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
System.Windows.Forms.Form form = new System.Windows.Forms.Form();
form.CreateControl();
form.Text = "Hello";
Label1.Text = form.Text;

}

Really appreciate your support, thanks a lot.

We are looking for your reply.

Thanks,
MIS Admin
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 9:50:26 AM

Hi,

We have debug into our code on your server. Inside our code we call this Windows API:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/nf-winuser-registerclassexw

This function is failing inside your application. This is a Windows API call and it should not fail. The calling is failing basically means there is something wrong with your Windows or IIS setup.

The RegisterClass call is the first step to create a window (you would call RegisterClass to register a window class, then use CreateWindow to create a window in that class). Many core browser engine features depend on having a window. For example, the way EO.Pdf works is first creating an invisible browser window, load the page inside that window and then render the result to PDF. So it absolutely needs this part of the Windows API to function properly.

The way you changed the Windows.Forms test code to work does is basically by skipping the creating window part (our test code on the other hand forces the Form to create its internal window). This does not mean the same will work for us. Being able to create window is a must for our product to function. It's not something you can go around.

If you can keep the server available to us, we will do some more research to see if we can find out exactly what caused this call to fail on your server. However please keep in mind that technically speaking, this is already outside of the scope of our support. This is like you bought a TV and plug it in but it doesn't work, but the issue in fact is in the power socket, not in the TV. Just like the TV manufacturer can't redesign their TV to work without power from the socket, it is not possible for us to make our product to work when this part of your Windows is failing. Likewise, you can't rely on the TV manufacture to fix your power socket issue, you shouldn't be relying on us to resolve your Windows issue for you either.

Thanks!
MIS Admin
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 6:12:28 AM

Dear EO Team,

Thank a million for helping us.

IIS all data is not working after Microsoft updated window, I just found today when your team said there was something wrong with our Windows or IIS setup.
I needed to recover all in IIS and restarted window. Now, everything is perfect. I really appropriate it, EO team.

Have a good day ahead!

Thank a lot,
MIS Admin
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 12:50:46 PM

Glad to hear that it's working for you. Thanks for the update!