Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO WebBroser can't log in to google Options
Better Idea Group
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 5:37:01 PM
Groups: Member

[quote=This has been an issue for a while and unfortunately I do not believe there will be a reliable solution that would allow user to log into Google's directly through the Web interface going forward. Google started to block signs in from Chromium embedders since last year for security reasons and I do not expect them to walk back from that.[/quote]

Any update on this issue? I am using this as the embedded browser to connect via Oauth to QuickBooks and just had a user be blocked when trying to "Sign in using Google"
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2023 9:57:34 AM
Groups: Administration

Better Idea Group wrote:
Any update on this issue? I am using this as the embedded browser to connect via Oauth to QuickBooks and just had a user be blocked when trying to "Sign in using Google"

OAuth is designed for you to access Google resource through their APIs. It is not meant to allow you to bypass browser restrictions. See our reply in this thread for more details:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/postst12466_What-is-the-best-way-to-login-into-various-google-apps-using-EOWebBrowser.aspx

Thanks