Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Server side Progress Bar example code Options
Tom Harris
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 2:15:17 PM
Groups: Member

I am trying to get the ProgressBar to work in ASP.NET (VB.NET) Code-behind. Is there an example server-side sample project available. I tried the code snippets on the site but can't seem to get the progress bar to do anything. The only demo's are for Winforms/Syntax Editor
eo_support
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 3:17:42 PM
Groups: Administration

You would go to Start -> All Programs -> EO.Web Controls 2007.2 -> EO.Web Controls for ASP.NET 1.1/2.0 -> Live Demo Source Code. You will find plenty of demos there.
Tom Harris
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 4:38:08 PM
Groups: Member

I have the sample working with the loop and Sleep.

The issue is that I am calling a function with parameters that downloads a file. I want the progressbar to increment based on a formula that divides the bytes into increments up to 100%.

I tried moving my download code into ProgressBar_RunTask using a class instead of parameters but it doesn't work. I guess I don't get it yet. I will be persistant and any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

eo_support
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 5:04:33 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The ProgressBar only displays the progress information you give it. It does not figure out the progress information by itself. So whatever you do with the progress bar, you will be the one that’s responsible to report the progress information to the progress bar and it's all based on three values: Mimimum, Maximum and Value. Usually you set Mimimum to 0 and Maximum to 100 and then call UpdateStatus in your event handler to update the progress --- once again, you must call e.UpdateStatus to update the status, it doesn't matter what you do and how you do it, even by faking it, you must come back periodically to tell the progress bar that you are now moving to 20%, now 30% etc. That's all the progress bar does: you tell it to move and it moves.

Hope this helps.

Thanks