Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO objects fails to open in design mode in VS Options
hunpirate
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 1:50:48 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

After update from 2012 to 2020 in some of my aspx pages, all EO related objects underlined by Visual Studio (ex: as an error). In design mode they all report the same error:

The type initializer for EO.Internal.rezg threw an exception.

Could someone point out the right direction to resolve this issue?

I've been re-referenced the new dlls and have a web.config file in the root of the project.

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

Computer Systems Manager, Lead Developer
Business Risk Partners, Inc.
Tel: 1-(860)-903-0039
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 2:06:49 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This appears to be an issue. We are looking into this and will reply here again as soon as we find anything.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 2:55:15 PM

Hi,

Please follow these steps:

1. Download and run the installer from our download page. While only the run time DLLs are needed to run the web page, the design time support DLLs are only included in the installer of the full EO.Total package. So in order to have design time support, you must run the installer;

2. After you install the package, make sure the DLLs in your bin folder are exactly the same version as in your installation folder (by default c:\Program Files (x86)\Essential Objects\EO.Total 2020). If they are not the same, you may need to update your project reference;

3. Rebuild your website. After you rebuild your website, check the DLL version again;

4. Restart Visual Studio;

Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks!
hunpirate
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 6:58:46 PM

Hi,

The total version was previously installed on my development server. Running a freshly downloaded 2020 version causes the installer to prompt to "change" or "repair" or "remove" the previous installation.

Is the downloaded installer a new built, different from the one I purchased about a week ago? Am I suppose to uninstall the current installation?

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 7:39:12 PM

Hi,

Then you can skip step 1 and continue on from step 2.

Thanks!
hunpirate
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 8:43:51 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, none of the above mentioned suggestions yielded noticeable result. My bin folder contains files from the installation source therefore they are identical. Server has been restarted, all of my projects re-built. After the build the EO dlls remained the same version (20.2.34.0).

Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 8:48:17 AM

Just to be clear, everything we are talking about is on your own development machine. It has nothing to do with your production server. If the problem continues, you can try to uninstall EO.Total and reinstall it again and then repeat all the above steps. If that still does not work, we will need to have remote access to your computer so that we can take a look on your computer.
hunpirate
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 8:50:54 AM

Yes, that is correct. My project works just fine on the production server. However, I cannot switch some of my projects to design mode, because the EO objects are not recognized.

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

hunpirate
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 10:34:10 AM

Hi,

I have re-installed the 2020 version. Once VS re-registered the assemblies, it seems that my objects problem is gone.

However, I found that I have another problem with one of the existing dialog that is being used as a file browser. Since the update, it displays only the icons of files, but no file names or file sizes and returns nothing. It also seems to have lost reference to its style values.

Am I supposed to open a new post, or we can just go ahead to alter the course of this one?

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 11:46:11 AM

Hi,

This appear to be an issue on our end. We are looking into it. However please start a separate post for this issue.

Thanks!
hunpirate
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 10:59:42 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, my original problem returned. I'm ready to give remote access to my dev server to resolve the issue for good.

"After update from 2012 to 2020 in some of my aspx pages, all EO related objects underlined by Visual Studio (ex: as an error). In design mode they all report the same error: The type initializer for EO.Internal.rezg threw an exception."

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 3:53:51 PM

Hi,

The root cause of this problem is a version mismatch somewhere. You can follow the same steps to make sure everyone is on the same version and the issue should go away.

Thanks!
hunpirate
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2020 10:22:21 AM

Hi,

Sorry, I did everything, even uninstalling the entire product and installing the latest release 20.2.63.0. I updated all of the EO dlls in my bin from the new installation, but the error remains and I cannot switch my pages to design mode.

The error changed a little bit. Instead of

The type initializer for EO.Internal.rezg threw an exception.

now it states

The type initializer for EO.Internal.aotb threw an exception.

Thanks

Steve Komaromi