Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Dialog Box and postback Options
hunpirate
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 9:57:52 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have a list box inside the content section of a dialog object. The list box is set to post back on index change. Upon an index change I have to set the dialog to "show" otherwise it hides. Is there any way I can stop the dialog to hide on the post back or stop to flicker as it redraws the box?

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

Computer Systems Manager, Lead Developer
Business Risk Partners, Inc.
Tel: 1-(860)-903-0039
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 6:33:11 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You can consider using AJAX. Without AJAX, when you post back the page, in fact a completely new page has been loaded (it's just this new page is based on the post back data from the previous page). This means everything in the previous page, including the dialog, were destroyed. Then a new page is loaded, and a new dialog has been constructed and displayed. Obviously this means flicker.

AJAX is designed to only update a portion of the page without having to reload the entire page. So that might be something you need to look into --- again this has nothing to do with us or the dialog. This is a very general web programming topic and there are numerous ways to do it, depending on what you use or your preference. You can search online and you should be able to find plenty of information about it.

Thanks!
hunpirate
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 7:23:54 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

Yeah, I tried that and did not work. I might fiddle with it later. Maybe positioning the ajax updater somewhere else will have the right result. I mean the whole html code (including the dialog and the list box in it) is already wrapped in an ajax updater. I tried to add an additional updater embedded just around only the EO dialog, but as I mentioned, it did yield.

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

Computer Systems Manager, Lead Developer
Business Risk Partners, Inc.
Tel: 1-(860)-903-0039